We target investments in green infrastructure projects across:
- Established technologies like offshore wind, onshore wind, solar, hydro, inter-connectors, waste and biomass.
- Emerging technologies like tidal, biofuels, energy efficiency, storage, low carbon transport, smart grid, district heating.
- All stages of the project lifecycle: development, construction and operations.
- The capital structure, from debt to equity.
- A full suite of financial services and products including: development funding; Financial close and construction phase equity; and, Debt and asset financing.
- Project delivery and portfolio services. Providing third parties with technical, project delivery and operations management services for green infrastructure projects. The team are already managing assets on behalf of investors across a broad range of green energy technologies.
- M&A and debt advisory. Working closely with colleagues in Macquarie’s regulated M&A and Corporate Finance business we will offer a specialist M&A service to businesses operating in the low carbon economy.
- Green impact reporting services. Providing third parties with green impact reporting services including Green Impact Opinion Reporting for a specific project, Green Bond or for a portfolio of assets.
- Green bank advisory. Drawing on our experience in setting up the world’s first green bank, the team will offer consultancy services and advice to government and multi-lateral institutions in how to set up effective green finance institutions.
We have a market leading track record, combined the business has:
- Led over £15 billion of investment into UK green infrastructure.
- Invested in 60% of the UK’s offshore wind generation capacity.
- Invested in over 30 waste & biomass projects.
- Financed over 1.8GW of solar projects.
- Installed over 2 million smart meters.
- Advising on the development of 850MW of tidal projects.